[SGVLUG] On the subject of Du-Par's and other club business

Lan Dang via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Tue Apr 9 17:39:34 PDT 2019

Hi all,
I'm going to be busy with work the next few months so I would appreciate people being more proactive aboutmaking sure we will have a monthly meeting, from figuring out speakers to venues and making sure we will
have a projector and screen at the meeting, if we need them.

1) We don't have speakers lined up for the rest of the year, so if you have any candidates, let's confirm them and
get them on the calendar.
 2) We are exploring new venues for SGVLUG and the other subgroups.  We have found a couple of restaurants, but
we could also use some sponsored venues in more professional settings than a noisy restaurant.
Please add to our spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1obDX-0Pg2TxmUcUefwU5YiSPWAxhic6ZykFQ7q4PP2w/edit?usp=sharing

3) On the subject of Du-Par's:I ended up cancelling our April reservation at Du-Par's because I just don't feel comfortable meeting there withoutassurance from management that we will get the same deal we always have. In addition, I'm fairly certain our usualserver, Margo, will not be there this week because of her husband's birthday.
I went by yesterday and tried calling today and failed to reach a manager. I give up.
If any of you have strong opinions about continuing to meet with Du-Par's, please handle the reservation and the
meeting for that month.  I'm tired of dealing with this.

Thanks,
Lan
PS The IHOP is not far from the Fillmore Gold Line station, for anyone taking public transit.  And I enjoyed the lunch anddinner I had there.