[SGVLUG] DevOps Position

Junaid A. via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Tue Sep 11 00:25:57 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

My company has multiple positions open in Los Angeles Miracle Mile District. It’s a pure Linux environment (Ubuntu and AWS Linux)

They are looking for a DevOps engineer. I can get you an interview (via internal reference) if you have 2-3 years of experience in the position

Here is the Job description:

We are looking for an experienced engineer with a background in cloud operations and infrastructure automation.  As a DevOps Engineer you will work with other members of our DevOps team as well as collaborating with others in our engineering organization, architecting, automating the building, monitoring and scaling of our AWS infrastructure. You will be responsible for facilitating deployments and ensuring high reliability, high availability and high scalability for system design across our development, staging and production environments. We are looking for someone who can take ownership and start implementing solutions and solving problems right away as well as improve our architecture and processes.

WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING

*  Serve as DevOps automation architect to analyze, design, and implement strategies for CI/CD pipeline(s) while ensuring high availability on production and pre-production systems.

*  Build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient SaaS application platform to meet established SLAs.

*  Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand.

*  Work and strive in providing an extremely reliable environment that is fully automated and free from obstacles.

*  Manage cross-functional requirements working with Engineering, QA and other departments.

*  Develop and Improve operational practices and procedures.

*  Work as utility team member who can operate effectively across development platforms, tools, networks, servers and databases, and even across development and support.

*  Provide documentation for change management and best practices.

*  Triage escalated issues, and document RCAs, escalating to developers wherever necessary.

*  Mentor developers in best practices on all aspects of reliability, scalability and high availability.

*  Facilitate engineering team with deployment infrastructure and monitoring / alerting.

WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR

*  5+ years of extensive experience architecting and developing cloud based solutions (preferably AWS) for SaaS application(s).

*  Proven experience with automated CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CodeDeploy, CodeBuild or similar.

*  Experience in a 24/7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment(s) for a SaaS or cloud provider.

*  Expert level in automating the provisioning of cloud infrastructure (TerraForm, CloudFormation).

*  Strong background in containerization architectures such as docker/swarm, kubernetes for web-based applications.

*  Solid understanding of the Linux operating system and network fundamentals (tcp/ip, ssh, ftp etc..).

*  Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, Bash etc.

*  Experience with GIT.

*  Experience with production application system monitoring, performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting with large scale cloud based clusters

*  A team player with great communication skills who takes pride in producing superior results while contributing to the rest of the team

Contact me for questions or send your resume to me directly

Junaid Aasi