[SGVLUG] September 13th: Linux while Blind

Braddock Gaskill via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Fri Sep 7 15:26:07 PDT 2018

SGVLUG Monthly Meeting on Thursday, Sept 13th:
Linux while Blind

https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/zvpphlyxmbrb

Du-Par's Restaurant and Bakery
214 S Lake Ave, Pasadena

Meet us for dinner and a presentation, with dinner beginning at 7 pm and
presentations starting around 7:45 to 8 pm.

Chime Hart will present on using Linux while blind:

I want to explain a 25-year journey of using computers while blind.
In reality, a better way of understanding would be just navigating with
only keyboard-and-speech for an hour or more.

I will go over the challenges and the many joys along the way - from
discovering DOS, being dragged through windows, and finally 15 years as a
Linux user.

I look forward to any questions along the way.

--
Chime worked 35 years at GTE/Verizon, originally helping them with
inconsistencies in dialing related with translations.

----