[SGVLUG] TV Steaming Services for Linux

Jan Foote via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Thu Feb 8 20:21:59 PST 2018

Hi Braddock,
I don't have cable or Satellite either.  I have a straight line and can see Mount Wilson from my living room window and get a great signal.  I get about 60 channels.  Some are not on Cable or Dish like This TV which shows old Johnny Carson re-runs and classic shows from the 70 and 80's.  Austin City Limits on Saturday night is a treat.

If you don't have good over the air reception, there is legal FTA satellite TV.  It has programming not available anywhere else.  I picked up a box on Craigslist for around $40 or $50 a few years ago. You need to get a larger satellite dish made for FTA with a clear shot to the Southern sky.  I didn't proceed with the satellite dish as my husband didn't want to go off Dish TV cold turkey.  If you're interested in that I'll send you an e-mail thread I had with someone that was quite savvy with FTA.  Here's some info:

Free to Air (FTA) Satellite System

|   |
Free to Air (FTA) Satellite System
 By Wayana Software TrackingSat is a Satellite Tracking Program. TrackingSat is useful to assist users that need to install your ant...  |  |

At SCALE I saw a setup to use on a computer.  I don't remember the name of it, it may have had a r in the letters.  Anyone know what that is?

Thank you,
Jan