[SGVLUG] My wife wants on her laptop, 14.04 abilirty to use 2 different Laser Printers - Brother MFC 8870 CDW Brother MFC L 8850 CDW . Can I do this for her ?

Jan Foote via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Wed Oct 18 17:24:02 PDT 2017

Hi Mitch,

I'm not a full on geek, and need guys like you to assist me and I go to the UCLA installfests for help when I need it. My experience with using 14.04 is that it needs to be updated.  When I did just the updates that pop up, to 16.04 it was crashie.  I did a full install of 16.04 wiping all of 14.04 into oblivion and since then everything has been fine and I haven't had a problem and no crashes at all.

I sometimes buy units with 14.04 on them cheap as dirt and immediately do the full install of 16.04 before I start to use them.

Just a tip since you are using 14.04 and getting ready to add printers.  It might save you some trouble down the road to do a full re-install of 16.04 and then add your printers.

What does the rest of the group have to say about it?
 Thank you,
Jan
(323) 259-0608 Calls Only, Texts Do Not Go Through