[SGVLUG] My wife wants on her laptop, 14.04 abilirty to use 2 different Laser Printers - Brother MFC 8870 CDW Brother MFC L 8850 CDW . Can I do this for her ?

Dan Kegel via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Wed Oct 18 15:11:26 PDT 2017

I second the suggestion to avoid using third party drivers, the ones
built into ubuntu usually suffice.
See e.g. https://askubuntu.com/questions/513713/how-to-configure-a-network-printer-in-ubuntu-14-04

I happen to have a similar brother laser printer here, works good with
ubuntu... the only hard part is the system settings dialogs for
configuring it!

Have you managed to get one of the two printers added to her laptop yet?
- Dan