[SGVLUG] Volume "boot" has only 18.1 MB disk space remaining - Want to find Ubuntu Tech Person

Jan Foote churrochick at yahoo.com
Sat May 14 16:12:49 PDT 2016

Hi All,

First thing:When I boot up my PC with Ubuntu 12.04 on it shows:
The Volume boot has only 18.1 MB disk space remaining.  You can free up disk space by removing unused programs or files or by moving files to another disk or partition.

The disk usage analyzer shows the boot usage is at 100% and 64.7 GB are available.

I have no idea what to do about this and it may be above my skill level.  I am a beginner Geek and use both Windows and Ubuntu.  I have used Ubuntu for years and love it for it's speed and security from virus's etc. I have it as a stand alone operating system on this PC but I always try to partition drives with Windows and Ubuntu both.  I have always had someone set that up for me and do installs.  This problem PC is Ubuntu only and is my everyday trusty, reliable, regular computer for e-mail, etc.

What needs to be done about this in hopefully simple instructions?

Second thing:I'm looking for a Linux tech guy, that I can hire, to do installs for both Windows and Linux, and handle issues like this one, etc. The guy I use now can only do an Ubuntu install as he is a "Windows guy".  I've used the UCLA Linux Installfest for help before and the next one is a ways off.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

I live in Eagle Rock.

Thanks,
Jan Footechurrochick at yahoo.com(323) 259-0608 Calls Only, Texts Do Not Go Through