[SGVLUG] Linux laptops

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Thu Mar 10 15:11:49 PST 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Dustin Laurence
<dllaurence at dslextreme.com> wrote:
> I have a vague memory that VMWare is considerably more seamless than
> VirtualBox. I took a class where all the work was in a VirtualBox guest,

On Mac, I had a MUCH MUCH better experience running Linux in VMWare
than VirtualBox.  This is circa late 2014, and VMWare has never given
me a reason to look back.

Although I think VMWare is much more expensive on Windows than Mac,
where it has biting competition from Parallels for the Windows-on-Mac
market.

-braddock