[SGVLUG] OT: JPL presence at Long Beach Comic Expo this weekend

Cheryl Johnson jcheryl763 at dslextreme.com
Fri Feb 19 20:43:21 PST 2016

I almost mentioned, at the last meeting, the difference -and seeming more
accessibility, and perhaps less cost, of the Long Beach as as a venue. I
just did not know how to put it concisely. If you go, explore the venue,
accessibility, and price, for your own needs.
I attended two events last year there. You no longer need to rent the entire
arena, and it seems very beautiful in the evening, with secure, but paid,
parking structure adjacent, inc. lodging nearby. I thought it was lovely and
felt safe there. The area, however, is not to be explored separately. Across
the street is an entertainment area with active night life. Surrounding
neighborhoods are beyond dangerous and quite scary to traverse.
Cheri