[SGVLUG] Memories of SLS Linux

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Sun Mar 15 14:54:50 PDT 2015

Braddock,

Did you take notes? I seem to recall that one of the ideas for the LUG 20th anniversary  is to showcase old Linux installs,  so we can see how Linux has changed over  the years.

My first attempt at installing Linux was Red Hat 7.x.  this was probably in 2002 or 2003.  I might'very gone for a dual-boot system.  I was unable to connect to the Internet. I suspect that it was an Ethernet driver issue as I usually connected via Ethernet in those days. That was the day I acknowledged myself that computer without network connectivity is basically a paperweight to me.

Lan