[SGVLUG] Ssh tunnel host selection

Steve M Bibayoff bibayoff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 00:36:16 PDT 2013

Hello,

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 11:10 PM, Doug <dougvargas at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hey all, so I have an odd problem I'm hoping someone can help me with...for I'm tunnelling my home connection (through my laptop and not my router, which sadly doesn't support dd-wrt or similar) through ssh,

Could you draw an ascii digram, or be more descriptive. I am not able
to picture what network you have here. Like how is your laptop
connected too the Internet? And what exactly is your "home
connection"?

>  ... which is great, but I'd like to set it up so that I can tell it to ignore the proxy for certain hosts, like Netflix, and just connect normally via port 80. Can I do this with iptables?

Assuming you are using iptables to use a proxy(again you are going to
have to explain how it's setup), it is usually easier to set up
iptables that fowards things to a proxy from a lookup list, and just
passes everything else through.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful,
Steve