[SGVLUG] Fwd: New SMART disk errors detected! (readynas)

Dan Buthusiem dan.buthusiem at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 14:45:25 PDT 2013

You're basically gambling. You can wait as long as you you're feeling lucky
enough that your plan b will work when that drive fails. If the drive's
under warranty and you have a drive you can loan to your nas, I'd call
Seagate and see if you can get the RMA now. Personally, I'd backup the
whole nas to a large external just in case the raid fails before the
rebuild is done. I have great luck having two drives fail in one night. If
only I had that luck when playing the Mega and Powerball. Well, same odds
of 'winning' anyway, since my tickets always fail. =b