[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Meeting this Thursday: Wireless security and DD-WRT

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Tue Mar 12 23:23:25 PDT 2013

Reminder that there is a meeting this Thursday.  I continue to have issues updating the SGVLUG website, so I hope James can step in.  The trouble with blindly following instructions is that you're not quite sure what to look when they don't produce the desired results.

Steve Doran will be talking about routers and DD-WRT.   I'm sure there will be plenty of SCALE talk in addition to the usual Linux in the news.  I hope we will have been successful in getting some speakers lined up for the rest of 2013.

SGVLUG meeting Thur  03/14/2013 7-9PM

http://www.sgvlug.org

TOPIC: Wireless security and DD-WRT
PRESENTER: Steven Doran
LOCATION: Caltech - Downs 107.  The Downs building is across from the tennis courts on California at Arden.

ABSTRACT:

Steven Doran will discuss network router and wireless security,
including replacing the stock routers  firware with an open source
alternative called DD-WRT.

Lan