[SGVLUG] AT&T vs DSLExtreme offerings

John Kreznar jek at ininx.com
Sun Sep 23 08:26:46 PDT 2012

A recent AT&T ad invites one to call and state what is wanted.  My first
request was for them to position their offering according to RFC 4084
"Terminology for Describing Internet Connectivity" [1], which defines
several classes of connectivity.  Not only was the person who answered
unable to classify the service, but he didn't even know that RFCs are
what defines the Internet.  Incompetence, yes.

For now, I'll stick with DSLExteme, where I have static IP address and
no port filtering.

[1] http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4084.txt

--
OpenPGP key: http://ininx.com