[SGVLUG] SGVLUG Meeting tomorrow (Thursday) TOPIC: strace: Practical Application Troubleshooting...using the tool we all love to hate

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Oct 10 22:11:31 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Reminder that there is a meeting tomorrow (Thursday).  Thanks again to Braddock for getting us a speaker.

We can always use more speakers, so if you know someone who wants to practice for SCALE or you have something nifty to present, then speak up and we'll get you on the calendar.

SGVLUG meeting Thur 10/11/2012 7-9PM

http://www.sgvlug.org

TOPIC: strace: Practical Application Troubleshooting…using the tool we all love to hate.
PRESENTER: David Rodriguez  – otherwise known as… ‘D Rod’
LOCATION:  Downs building, room 107, on the Caltech Campus in Pasadena.  The Downs building is across from the tennis courts on California at Arden

ABSTRACT: The Presentation will cover the Linux command line utility ‘strace’ and
some of it’s many uses. It will cover the basics of Linux System Calls and
their use. The presentation will use examples throughout to provide genuine
use-cases for the tool. The Presentation is focused on Practical
Application Troubleshooting, it will not be an in-depth guide to the
various System Calls. I will demonstrate many techniques that can help you
to gain a deeper understanding of application execution flow on a Linux
system.

Thanks to Michael and Junaid, we had a table at the CIT Club Fair tonight.  We may see some new faces at the meeting.

Lan