[SGVLUG] Great conferences/camps coming up!

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 22:37:38 PDT 2012

Hi

So, I wanted to quickly remind everyone that we have a
few really interesting conferences/camps happening in
the next 1.5 months

I encourage everyone to attend any of these events

I have been to almost all of these conferences in the
past, and do highly recommend them.

PLEASE feel free to us our email list to organize
carpools/sharing of hotels if you would like to
attend any of these events.

thanks - matti

OScon July 16-20, Portland OR
Great conference, 5 day pass at the door is $2090
This btw is the conference where I got the various
linux/open source related beer coasters for SGVLUG
table during CIT clubday.
( This pricing is actually more affordable than some
of the other conferences I have attend, .. some have
been close to $3k for 5 days.. )
http://www.oscon.com/oscon2012

Drupal Camp LA 2012, Sat-Sun Jul 28-29 2012 at UCI in CA
FREE!!! ( parking is $10, I suggest car pooling. )
http://2012.drupalcampla.com/
( note, they are in need of volunteers to help with the conference,
please help out as you can
http://2012.drupalcampla.com/information/volunteers
and they have very affordable paid training on Fri,
and some free training fri also!! )

Def Con 20 Jul 26-29 2012 in LV NV
$200 CASH
Schedule is up, Starts Thur with 1 track, goes to full speed on Fri with 5 tracks
https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-20/dc-20-schedule.html#schedule-live

Linux Con / CloudOpen Aug 29-31, 2012, in San Diego CA
$600 at the event, HOWEVER drop me a note right away and I MAY
be able to line you up for a discount to get in at $400!
This event is run by the Linux Foundation, and you'll
notice that they've done a great job to keep the pricing
affordable for people! Gotta love that.
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/cloudopen