[SGVLUG] wifi not working on ubuntu 12.04 dual booted on Mac OSX

Kaveri Thakoor kavi2016 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 16:43:17 PDT 2012

Hi,

I partitioned my Mac OSX hard disk and dual booted with Ubuntu 12.04.
Everything seems to be working fine except I cannot connect to internet
wirelessly. After connecting with an Ethernet cable, I tried going to Dash
Home --> Additional Drivers, but after the 'searching for available
drivers' dialog appears for a while, a message comes up that 'no
proprietary drivers are in use on this system.' I also tried following this
Linux support page for my wireless card (Broadcom 4331):
http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~c705283/archives/2011/09/04/linux_support_for_broadcom_4331_wireless_chip_macbook_pro_81/index.htmlto
no avail. (Also the link on this site for the newest version of
bw43-fwcutter doesn't seem to be working, so I tried to get it using 'sudo
apt-get install bw43-fwcutter').  I've also tried following other links and
commands such as this one: Ubuntu 12.04 Broadcom wireless not working after
b43<http://askubuntu.com/questions/135174/ubuntu-12-04-broadcom-wireless-not-working-after-b43>and
still have had no luck yet. I appreciate any thoughts/tips/advice!

Thanks very much!

Best Regards

<http://askubuntu.com/questions/163627/wifi-not-working-on-ubuntu-12-04-dual-booted-on-mac-osx#>