[SGVLUG] DuckDuckGo

Dave <3 Ubuntu dave at iheartubuntu.com
Fri Jul 13 06:20:46 PDT 2012

I love DuckDuckGo. I jump back and forth between them and also
StartPage... http://www.startpage.com/ which is a private search engine.

--
On 07/12/2012 11:15 PM, Douglas Vargas wrote:

 > Hey everybody, i've just started using this kickass quasi-open-source
search engine DuckDuckGo and figured i'd plug it. It doesn't track you
or store any information about you so it's extremely private, and it has
some really incredible search commands
(https://duckduckgo.com/goodies.html), and can even help you with
programming stuff (https://duckduckgo.com/tech.html). You can write
plugins for it that will then show up on the siteand you can save and
load settings on different computers with a passphrase. It uses google
and bing and such for image searches but eh. I haven't explored all of
it's features but so far it's been AWESOME so check it out, there's a
firefox plugin that sets it as the search engine
(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/duckduckgo-ssl/?src=search).
Idkwhat to do with chrome, i don't think google wants you changing
search engines on them lol. If you like it post on facebook or something
and get the word out.