[SGVLUG] ATT DSL Gateway choices, which gateway do you like?

Dan Buthusiem dan.buthusiem at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 19:35:22 PDT 2012

As long as it's a standard ADSL2+ modem with PPPoE, it'll work anywhere
(with the right settings).

A lot of people out there seem to hate Moto Surfboards. I figure as long as
it's what the telco uses, it *should* work. Haven't kept tabs on preferable
coax modems, though. As long as it's a true DOCSIS 3 modem with a GigE port
for your router, your throughput should be able to max around 160 Mbit down
(Charter only offers up to 100 last I checked).