[SGVLUG] A modest proposal (for the SGVLUG website)

James McDuffie mcduffie at pitfall.org
Wed Apr 11 10:39:19 PDT 2012

On 04/11/2012 10:33 AM, matti wrote:
> I'm happy with the main page being static with the most important material on it.
>
> Personally, I still want to see people land at sgvlug.org /www.sgvlug.org
> (i.e. not be redirected to another site.. )
>
> hmmm.. I wonder.. Is there a way to do that @github??

Yes you can. All you have to do is have a file called CNAME in your
website repository and point your existing A record to 204.232.175.78

See section "Custom Domains"
http://help.github.com/pages/

> Drupal was supposed to help us provide a bit more..

And there is no reason for these capabilities to be somewhere and used
in conjunction with a static site. I just think the main page of the
club should be as fault tolerant (or people tolerant) as possible.

 > Alas time is so fleeting...

Yes so lets keep the core simple and anything additional is great but
holding up having a more long term and maintainable solution.