[SGVLUG] A modest proposal (for the SGVLUG website)

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 10:33:47 PDT 2012

Hi,

imho WE definitely need to have our meeting announcements listed.

I'm happy with the main page being static with the most important material on it.

Personally, I still want to see people land at sgvlug.org / www.sgvlug.org
(i.e. not be redirected to another site.. )

hmmm.. I wonder.. Is there a way to do that @github??

---

I have a modest proposal for what should be done with the SGVLUG website. I know that Matt and Miguel put effort into putting together a Drupal website, but I think I have a idea that is more maintainable given the structure of the club.
---

Drupal was supposed to help us provide a bit more..

For the Feb meeting I was invited and scheduled to present on another aspect of the website
which I had worked with Matt and Miguel on, and bring up discussion on how best we can
accomplish this. Unfortunately that did not happen as planned :(

I have created on the new drupal site a few data structures to assist and allow
us to coordinate lining up presenters/speakers.

Sadly, I've been focused on a few other major issues thus I have not had
time to do further on this.

The concept is to allow us to coordinate better about lining up speakers/presenters.
( Having done a lot of that for sgvlug I know I would really like to see something
which would encourage and enable us to coordinate this in a better way.. )

Alas time is so fleeting...

thanks
matti