[SGVLUG] fyi - deal on 23" LCD

Thomas Moore thomasmoore at speakeasy.net
Sat Jun 18 20:54:06 PDT 2011

Hi Matti,

I agree, it looks like a pretty nice monitor so far. However for
the time being at least, I am still going to think of it as a
Win-monitor. Here is why. (There is a pdf manual on the CD) There
are 5 buttons on the bottom front of the monitor,power, menu,
brightness, volume and settings. Let's look at the setting button.
When it is pressed a window comes up allowing you to select VGA
or DVI and in the window it shows 3 more buttons, up, down and
exit. But there are no such buttons on the monitor itself. The
same is true for the other 3 buttons. The menu button allows you
to chose 5 topics including those already mentioned as well as
buttons to do so but again, no such buttons exist on the monitor.
I suspect that the required buttons are thrown up on the screen
by the SW on the CD. Or, more likely, allows one to use the cursor
to click the buttons. I tried to check this out by slipping an XP
hard drive into the docking station on my computer but it promptly
informed me it required Windows 7. And I suspect it wouldn't load
under WINE but I'm not going to bother with that.

Tom