[SGVLUG] fyi - deal on 23" LCD

John Kirk johnnkirk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 22:08:00 PDT 2011

Hi Tom,

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Thomas Moore <thomasmoore at speakeasy.net> wrote:
>   ... I agree, it looks like a pretty nice monitor so far. However for
> the time being at least, I am still going to think of it as a
> Win-monitor. Here is why. (There is a pdf manual on the CD) There
> are 5 buttons on the bottom front of the monitor,power, menu,
> brightness, volume and settings. Let's look at the setting button.
> When it is pressed a window comes up allowing you to select VGA
> or DVI and in the window it shows 3 more buttons, up, down and
> exit. But there are no such buttons on the monitor itself.

  My experience, with other monitors, is that the references are to
the same buttons that, in different contexts, have different functions,
but are poorly (or not at all) labeled for the other purposes.  I've had
to just try different buttons and empirically determine and document
for myself which button is to be used for which functions.  There has
been some consistency in the secondary functions -- across upper
level contexts -- so the labeling doesn't get too recursively deep.

            regards,   -- John Kirk