[SGVLUG] fyi - deal on 23" LCD

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 22:48:19 PDT 2011

Hi Thomas!

Congratulations, should be a really nice monitor from
what I can tell.

I looked at the product webpage and manual and found nothing
saying windows OS is required.

http://www.hannspree.com/HSPV3Web/Global/Product/Monitors/LCDMonitors/HF235DPB/Specification.aspx?attrs=5,4&

http://www.hannspree.com/HSPV3Images/Downloads/LCD-Monitors/HF-Series/UserManual/HF235D/HF235D_UM_EN.pdf

I'm guessing the CD included with the monitor
may have MS Windows specific sw on it.

Don't worry about that software.

Just an FYI, I HAVE NEVER installed the SW on the
included CDs for any of the MS Windows systems I
have deployed for work since LCD monitors became
popular. ( I have just put those into the recycle
bin. ) hmmm I wonder if anyone ever installs
that sw? I have never seen it installed at
any of the job sites I have been at.

You should be able to do all the appropriate adjustments
you may need on the front panel on the monitor using
the buttons present.
( see pg 12+ )

thanks!
matti