[SGVLUG] no more Mandriva?

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 00:39:52 PDT 2010

oops, my mistake.  I was having a name resolver issue.
I noticed that my /etc/resolv.conf was pointing at my router whereas
all of my other machines are hardcoded to use the AT&T nameservers.  I
think that came from the DHCP server.  Strange that some hosts were
being resolved but not mandriva.com or a few others.  Changed it
manually and now I'm downloading updates.

So long term I need to figure out what I'm going to do for a distro if
mandriva truly goes away.

Short term is why my router was only providing partial info.

claude