[SGVLUG] no more Mandriva?

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 23:48:35 PDT 2010

Just my luck.  I finally got some free time to look at upgrading my
Linux machines at home so I downloaded the latest 2010 spring edition
of Mandriva last night.  Burned the DVD this morning and installed it
on my laptop where I'm typing this in now.  But when I tried to look
for updates, I kept getting errors saying it couldn't get the list of
mirrors.  The mandriva.com website wasn't responding so I thought I'd
wait.  A few hours later and still nothing but everything else to be
working.  It took a while but finally found my answer on slashdot:

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/10/09/18/1437248/Developers-Fork-Mandriva-Linux-Creating-Mageia
http://www.mageia.org/

guess I'm glad I tried it on my laptop in the alternate partition
first instead of trying to update the fileserver directly...

claude