[SGVLUG] April Presentation Online

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Thu Apr 15 12:49:20 PDT 2010

I mentioned FORTH because amforth is a GPL'd interactive interpreter for
AVR which would be easy to port to my platform to give a straight
keyboard-and-TV programming experience.

I would like to see SOME sort of simple interpreter for learning,
whether FORTH, BASIC, etc, made available to give an easy-to-use taste
of programming along with Wikipedia.

There unfortunately doesn't seem to be an _interactive_ (ie, not
compiled on PC) open source BASIC interpreter for AVR (AFAIK), although
if anyone wants to write or port one they could follow in Woz's
footprints.  :)

I didn't use FORTH myself for this project (I don't even really speak
FORTH).  My code is all straight C using avr-gcc.

	-braddock