[SGVLUG] Seeking Ubuntu 9.1 Assistance

A. J. Stasney astasney at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 15 11:41:45 PDT 2010

As an occasional attendee at the monthly meetings at CIT (4 miles from
home),
I seem to recall an informal audience poll showing Ubuntu as the most
used of
available Linux distros.  I'm in the throes of installing and
configuring Ubuntu 9.1
on a dedicated HD from an "On-Disc" CD (or DVD?) recently  purchased.
It's going OK, but there are a few intractable puzzles that I would like
to get some
paid help with from an experienced Ubuntu user.  In particular, I can't
partition the
hard drive at all (probably unimportant), can't get Evolution, the
default e-mail app,
to send mail (it receives OK); and generally need assistance with
removing and
reinstalling programs, finding things on the file tree, etc.

Anyone interested and qualified should contact A. J. Stasney by e-mail
or (better)
by 'phone at (626) 797-3318.  We can discuss fees, timing, etc. on the
'phone with
a real-time dialog, much more convenient than an e-mail exchange.

          A. J. Stasney   [CIT  - MS Physics 1954]