[SGVLUG] Used stuff direct from owner (was: computer fair ...)

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Thu Mar 19 09:29:20 PDT 2009

I've never been to a computer fair, but if you have more time to shop
you can get better deals at: yard sales, church rummage sales,
Craigslist, or the recycler.  Also, a lot of people buy new computers
because they don't know how to fix their old one or how to remove
virus from it.  They will sometimes just give these away although they
may be a few years old.  Just a couple months ago I stopped by a yard
sale when I was riding my bicycle to a hardware store.  They had many
types of cards and cables for computers.

So buying direct from the owner is usually cheaper and sometimes the
owner will honestly tell you about the history of the hardware.  Of
course another source is stuff people on this list sell (or give away)
to each other.

			David Lawyer