[SGVLUG] The "ultimate linux box for 2009" -- what would youput into it?

Matt Campbell dvdmatt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 22:21:21 PST 2009

I consider choosing the power supply and case about as important as choosing
the CPU and memory when building a computer.  That said with the crash in
prices for standard desktops I have purchased the last 50 computers instead
of building them.

Having built my own super image processing machines for years (going on 20
now) I found that skimping on the power supply was deadly as far as heat and
reliability goes.  I gave up about 6 years ago and won't touch a computer
unless it has a $100+ power supply in it.  At the time the Antec supplies
were well rated (yes from www.sharkeyextreme.com of all places), who is
making good supplies now-a-days?

Matt