[SGVLUG] The "ultimate linux box for 2009" -- what would youput into it?

Miguel Hernandez migtek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 23:38:17 PST 2009

Matt, Antec was always good to me in the past- their cases & PSU´s are all
still alive & kicking.

To your question, Tom. I´ve actually been pricing out parts to put together
another machine from scratch, myself.
There are lots of decent pre-builts out there nowadays. Long gone are the
days of building machines part-by-part through mail-order (boy am I dating
myself hehe).

However, for what I´m trying to do, I don´t see many decent rigs at
affordable prices.
I´m building a Linux gaming rig. Not something crazy to compete w/AlienWare,
mind you, but a good intermediary machine.
The pre-built rigs (ala Dell) have ok specs but I´d normally have to add-in
a better video card & beefier PSU.
This makes it so that I might as well build it from the ground-up, imho.

--miguel