[SGVLUG] Monitor goes to sleep at startup

Jim Workman jimw at about-town.com
Sat Feb 7 17:13:37 PST 2009

I got an HP D530 Ultra Small Footprint (circa 2003) minus memory, HD, & CD
at the TRW Swapmeet.  I added a 512 stick and an IDE MythDora drive from
another system.  All seems fine in BIOS, but as soon Fedora starts to boot,
the monitor goes to sleep.  I'm assuming its a conflict with the drivers on
the disk and the (I think) Nvidia graphics of the HP.

I have the drivers from the HP site (probably Windows only?) that I could
put on the drive in its old system.  Can anyone suggest the directory to add
them?  Do you think that will work?  Should I look for Fedora specific
drivers?  Anyone have a D530 running Linux?

Jim