[SGVLUG] Reminder meeting Thur 2/12 and a gig ethernet deal

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 10:59:22 PST 2009

Hi!

Remember we have a meeting this Thur 2/12!
please help spread the word

thanks
matti

--- meeting info ---

from www.sgvlug.org:

FEB 2009: Mapping WAPS
Written by Tom Emerson
Sunday, 25 January 2009
[Mea Culpa! an astute reader noticed my gaff -- this is the February meeting, not January]

This month we will have Peter J. Sprenger as our guest speaker

Abstract: Proposed talk on project of making a small toughbook into a Linux car navigation system. Also enabled GPS integration to enhance wireless access point findings by combining GPS information with a Google map overlay and Kismet data dumps to map out existing wireless access points.

Bio: Used Linux for the past 13 years. Currently running LFS as main desktop system, with a FreeBSD shell server and Slackware Media PC. Presently leader of Cal Poly team for CCDC (Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition), concentrating in network defense. Special attention to security research and Information Warfare studies with experience in several different continents performing missions occasionally oriented in that direction.
Last Updated ( Thursday, 29 January 2009 )

=== another deal I noticed on slickdeals ===

fyi -

Buy.com has TRENDnet 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch for $20 - $15 rebate = $5 with free shipping.

http://www.slickdeals.net/permadeal/18057/TRENDnet-5-Port-Gigabit-Ethernet-Switch-5-After-15-Rebate