[SGVLUG] Calendars and Active L.A. lugs (was upcoming interesting conferences)

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue Aug 4 11:08:31 PDT 2009

The SGVLUG website does have a calendar as well, but without anyone actively driving it (providing data, that is...) it's not much use :(

I looked at the lalugs site, and from there checked on a couple of other user groups - does anyone know which other groups are truly "active", as well as any other groups the site does not have?

For instance, the link to the Cerritos lug goes to a linkfarm in France (I think...) so I presume their domain has expired, which in turn implies no activity by that group...

It might be nice to set up a web-ring of LUGs, or perhaps a self-maintaining community driven datastore of lugs that any (preferably all) groups can reference from their website(s)...

> -----Original Message----- Of Braydon Fuller
>
> Thanks Eric, this is really similar to what I am thinking!
>
> The only thing missing, is some more control with the calendar,
> something that can be customized. ...
>
> Eric Hammond wrote:
> >
> > I currently maintain http://LAgeeks.org which includes
> lists of tech
> > event related calendars and tech organizations.  Let me know if I'm
> > missing things.
> >
> > Braydon Fuller wrote:
> > [...]
> >> something up if it doesn't exist. It would be great to see an
> >> aggregation of free software / open source related
> meetings, events,
> >> conferences in Los Angeles and vicinity.
> >>
> >> So far what I know about is:
> >>
> >> http://sgvlug.org/
> >> http://www.lilax.net/
> >> http://lampsig.org