[SGVLUG] Dash Express GPS

Stan Slonkosky stan.ke6zc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 14:19:09 PDT 2008

I got an email yesterday from Traffic Gauge stating that they are now
a dealer for the Dash Express GPS and that they are selling it for
$199 (with 3 months service). The lowest price I could find elsewhere
was Amazon at $254. You can also purchase longer service terms, but
you can also purchase that later (e.g., just before the 3 months runs
out, if you want to keep the service). The service costs $100 for 9
months or $240 for 24 months.

http://www.trafficgauge.com/device_dash_glance.html

This is a Linux-based GPS and the software can be downloaded from
http://www.dash.net/OpenSource

Software updates come over the air via WiFi or GPRS, when WiFi is not
available.

See also openmoko.org .

--
Stan Slonkosky