[SGVLUG] Upgrading on a slow connection

Miguel Hernandez migtek at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:55:31 PST 2008

Charles,
Not trying to pass false info or bash MS as I've been a user for a long time
(still use XP almost every day). I recall reading the 768MB RAM bit as it
was getting released.
I had friends wanting me to deploy Vista for them for the cool factor & did
so (or tried). None of them were happy w/performance out of the box. I tried
the same thing w/mine & having 1GB of RAM at that time, I had the same
(disgustingly latent) outcome.

What I'm getting at is that it's not false info if it's my experience w/the
OS on varying hardware architectures. I trust your knowledge & experience,
Charles but I've never seen it done. If you have any links on how-to's for
performance tuning, etc., that'd be an interesting read for me.

Also, that's a great idea for David to bring the rig to the meeting. :)

--miguel