[SGVLUG] Upgrading on a slow connection

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 00:36:30 PST 2008

--- On Mon, 11/3/08, Miguel Hernandez <migtek at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Miguel Hernandez <migtek at gmail.com>

> Ya, it wouldn't run at ALL. Vista requires 768MB RAM
> just to boot up (iirc).
> XP "only" requires 256MB.Hell,

Yup! No way you will get Vista to work on an
older system.... Vista even had trouble with
systems rated as "Vista Capable" but didn't
have enough RAM or a good enough video card.

Vista is a pig, and even my windows friends
prefer XP at home and at work.

NOW, I thank we all agree that downloads
should be better and smart and at least
give you the option of downloading JUST
what you need for your hardware setup.
That would be nice.

OK David, another good reason to join us
at the meeting, is that YOU can bring your
system and UPGRADE it there! During the meeting!!

anyways, that's an option,.. I know I used it
for my laptop when my ISP connection died
and I needed to download software.

Hope to see everyone at the next meeting!
matti