[SGVLUG] Upgrading on a slow connection

Miguel Hernandez migtek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 20:36:27 PST 2008

Ya, it wouldn't run at ALL. Vista requires 768MB RAM just to boot up (iirc).
XP "only" requires 256MB.Hell, I tried installing Ubuntu Hardy on an 800MHz
laptop & it was a slide show.

I agree, though, David. It would be super duper nice if when updating you
were only sent the deltas & Linux had a tool to "put the jigsaw puzzle"
together.
Even when doing an upgrade, you can have problems. I just upgraded my Ubuntu
Hardy to Heron server install & it was messaging me like crazy w/php-lib
package errors.
I already bugged it on launchpad, but I was surprised to have an upgrade
issue.

--miguel