[SGVLUG] [OT]Hybrids and trains (was fuel prices and the dollar)

Christopher Smith cbsmith at gmail.com
Wed May 14 20:40:48 PDT 2008

Sadly, like most things about oil, we tend to be fairly misinformed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves#Canada

Actually, Canada is #2 now that oil prices are so high, and that's NOT
including suspected massive reserves in the Arctic. Furthermore, there
is a fair bit of evidence that most OPEC nations overstate their
reserves in order to have a larger share of quotas, so it is possible
Canada is already #1 in terms of "real" reserves.

--Chris