[SGVLUG] Eerie (new?) feature of google maps -- street-view...

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Feb 29 16:41:21 PST 2008

I don't know how long this has been there, but I just found out about
this -- on the google map, if you see a street "outlined in blue", you
can click on a spot on the street to get a street-level view (rotatable
360 degrees) -- anyone know where there is a mirrored building that they
might have driven by so we can see what sort of van they're driving?

(yes, you can see people on this -- mostly blurry, but some better than
others...)

Oh, and to keep this semi-on-topic, just imagine what sort of resources
would it take to store, index, retrieve, and deliver this kind of
content... It boggles the mind...