[SGVLUG] Good howto on spam fighting.

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Feb 29 14:18:24 PST 2008

Is there any particular filter you would like to use [spamassassin or
???]
Likewise, any preferences on the virus scanner [clam-AV...]

The SA site has some references and how-to's specifically tailored to
postfix

You should also consider a mysql database to hold per-user white/black
lists and other preferences.

IMAP is great for windows clients -- you can [should] create a "this is
spam you didn't catch" folder; users should drag their messages to this
folder, and in the background you run a cron job to add them to the spam
database.  With IMAP, messages are moved "intact"; with POP, (A) you
don't have any such folder on the server, and (B) having users FORWARD a
message to a "this is spam..." address tends to munge the headers.