[SGVLUG] Breaking news: Ice recalled because it may contain water... (was ... best self v-day gift)

Charles N Wyble charles at thewybles.com
Thu Feb 14 15:30:28 PST 2008

That said, I noticed on the news that Sees Candy is recalling

some "semi-sweet" chocolate chips "because they /may/ contain

/undisclosed/ traces of milk"

http://consumerist.com/356720/a-chocolate-recall-for-valentines-day

Saying that any non-dark chocolate "may contain milk" is like saying

"ice may contain water" -- I'm guessing since it wasn't printed

on the bag, they're finding themselves liable...

[Charles N Wyble]

Actually it is more likely due to people having food sensitivities and
wanting to be aware of items that contain milk. Let's not jump on the
world-is-over-apt-to- use-litigation happy band wagon any more then we have
to J