[SGVLUG] Dev-Sig

charles at thewybles.com charles at thewybles.com
Fri Apr 4 12:26:16 PST 2008

Yes invite him!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: "Miguel Hernandez" <migtek at gmail.com>

Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:18:32
To:"SGVLUG Discussion List." <sgvlug at sgvlug.net>
Subject: Re: [SGVLUG] Dev-Sig

I´ve always wanted to attend but have always refrained since I´ve never been a true programmer (I know HTML & BASIC & dabble in perl, php, xml since I had to know my way around for years when I did QA).

However, I´m now fully teaching myself PHP since I´ve decided to use Drupal which is a CMS built on php modules. If I get out of work early enough, I´m definitely going to make my way to the meeting tomorrow.

Speaking of Drupal (was just about to post this to the SGVLUG list but might be useful here also), I spoke at length with Chris Charlton this past weekend about maybe giving a presentation. He´s one of the persons that leads the LA Drupal user group (http://groups.drupal.org/los-angeles <http://groups.drupal.org/los-angeles> ). Not being privy to the way meetings go down for DEV-SIG, would there be any interest in this area? He said he has also given talks on Flex & CSS/Air.

--miguel

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 11:30 AM, <juanslayton at dslextreme.com <mailto:juanslayton at dslextreme.com> > wrote:

 > Are we having Dev-Sig tomorrow 1:00 to 3:00 at La Pinteresca?  Any agenda
 > items?

 I plan to come with my OLPC toy.  Trying to figure it out.
 John