[SGVLUG] Dev-Sig

Miguel Hernandez migtek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 12:18:32 PST 2008

I´ve always wanted to attend but have always refrained since I´ve never been
a true programmer (I know HTML & BASIC & dabble in perl, php, xml since I
had to know my way around for years when I did QA).

However, I´m now fully teaching myself PHP since I´ve decided to use Drupal
which is a CMS built on php modules. If I get out of work early enough, I´m
definitely going to make my way to the meeting tomorrow.

Speaking of Drupal (was just about to post this to the SGVLUG list but might
be useful here also), I spoke at length with Chris Charlton this past
weekend about maybe giving a presentation. He´s one of the persons that
leads the LA Drupal user group (http://groups.drupal.org/los-angeles). Not
being privy to the way meetings go down for DEV-SIG, would there be any
interest in this area? He said he has also given talks on Flex & CSS/Air.

--miguel