[SGVLUG] Job Opening - System Administrator

Max Clark max.clark at gmail.com
Tue May 29 10:59:57 PDT 2007

*System Administrator*

Consulting and Managed Services firm based in the One Wilshire building in
Los Angeles, CA seeking talented System Administrator to support our growing
customer base. This person will play a prominent role overseeing internal
and external platforms, supporting our clients, and representing the face of
our company.

Location: One Wilshire Building Los Angeles, CA

Key Responsibilities Include:

   - Installation and configuration of network equipment.
   - Installation, configuration, upgrades and maintenance of operating
   systems and applications.
   - Configuration and maintenance of monitoring and management
   platforms.
   - Participation in 24/7 on-call rotation duties.
   - General system stability and performance.
   - Researching, developing and architecting new systems/solutions to
   support changing business requirements and infrastructure as technology
   changes and capacity needs grow.
   - Documentation of installation and configuration procedures and
   system standards.
   - Documentation of service requests and work performed.
   - Keeping clients happy.

Candidates Must Posses:

   - Bachelor (4-year) degree with a technical major (such as engineering
   or computer science) or equivalent experience.
   - 3-4 years of Unix (RedHat Enterprise Linux and derivatives, BSD
   variants, Solaris) and Windows system administration
   - Must be a self starter who works well in a team environment,
   managing and prioritizing many projects at once.
   - Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal
   skills with outstanding customer service.
   - Ability to quickly assess complex problems and make critical
   decisions to resolve them.
   - Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking (Layer 2-4)
   - Extensive experience writing scripts (Perl and shell) for system
   automation.
   - Reliable transportation, some travel is required.

Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 DOE. Bonus and commission opportunities are
available.

To Apply

Please submit your cover letter and resume to jobs at cthought.com. Please use
"System Administrator" in the subject line of your email. We will contact
you directly should your qualifications meet the position's requirements. To
learn more about Creative Thought and to view all of our job listings,
please visit http://www.cthought.com.

About Creative Thought

Founded in 2002, Creative Thought, Inc. is a leading provider of
comprehensive IT solutions including network architecture, network security,
strategic planning and IT management. Creative Thought develops and manages
infrastructure for companies to ensure performance, reliability, security
and scalability.