[SGVLUG] Is Linux Approaching a Tipping Point or Is Microsoft Being Played By Dell

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:24:31 PDT 2007

On 5/23/07, Greg Stark <gstark at electrorent.com> wrote:
> Heavey Sigh...
> I read these stories, and I wonder what if Linux is approaching a tipping
> point or Is Microsoft Being Played By Dell
>
> What I was thinking is Dell needs more margin, so like Wal-Mart they say to
> there suppliers we want more margin or we won't carry you or we'll start
> carrying and promoting a competitor.  Microsoft says heavy sigh well we
> can't give you that much.... And Michael gets a sudden interest in Ubuntu,
> and why Ubuntu.

Well that is a nice conspiracy theory if it where not for the face
that dell did a survey of what there customers wanted from them and
Linux pre-installed was the overwhelming the thing that most people
wanted. Strangly Dell does try to do what there customers want, I
think this is might be why they have such a huge market share :-)

--snip, snip