[SGVLUG] Is Linux Approaching a Tipping Point or Is Microsoft Being Played By Dell

Greg Stark gstark at electrorent.com
Wed May 23 09:32:43 PDT 2007

Heavey Sigh...
I read these stories, and I wonder what if Linux is approaching a tipping
point or Is Microsoft Being Played By Dell

What I was thinking is Dell needs more margin, so like Wal-Mart they say to
there suppliers we want more margin or we won't carry you or we'll start
carrying and promoting a competitor.  Microsoft says heavy sigh well we
can't give you that much.... And Michael gets a sudden interest in Ubuntu,
and why Ubuntu.  Of coarse Microsoft spinmasters whipout their trust FUD gun
and spin.

Greg
Still searching for the meaning of life.

========================
News: Study: Developers Do Not Want GPL 3 to Police Patents
A new Microsoft-funded study has found that open-source developers do not
believe licenses like the upcoming GNU GPL 3 should enforce software patents
or prevent deals like the Microsoft-Novell patent agreement.
READ MORE >>
News: Shuttleworth: Microsoft Not the Real Patent Threat
The founder of Ubuntu predicts that Microsoft and the Linux community could
end up as allies rather than enemies when it comes to patent lawsuits.
READ MORE >>