[SGVLUG] Youmail

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri May 18 10:19:37 PDT 2007

> -----Original Message----- Of Robert Cole
>
> Hi guys, long time no talk just been lurking.
>
> I went to work for a new company called Youmail, Inc. and
> discovered a new service I didn't know about at
> http://www.youmail.com
>
> Yes I do work here and all but I thought this might be of
> interest to my fellow linux guys and gals.

Heh heh heh -- I get the impression this is a veiled sales bit, but I'll
let it slide since it isn't overly egregious [err, I think that's the
word...]

BUT...

> This system is completely developed and run
> on linux systems. In fact the new system that is currently in
> production are run on a network and servers I installed.

You /know/ now I'm gonna ask: so, when will you be doing a presentation
on it?

Though I must admit, offhand I don't think of a basic
server-farm-installation as being a "hot topic" for our meetings, at
least, not at the nuts-and-bolts level (and, really, what else is there
to say about an installation like that?  Most likely, "it just works"
and you're done...)

HOWEVER...

As someone else just asked "does this run under Asterisk" (and you
answered not at the moment, but not unforeseeable) I'm curious about how
Linux ends up being the killer platform for this type of application.
That might make a neat presentation.