[SGVLUG] History Lesson wanted...

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Tue May 15 23:43:17 PDT 2007

On 5/15/07, Emerson, Tom (*IC) <Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com> wrote:
> This is mainly for David Lawyer and anyone else who has been involved
> with SGVLUG (or SGVLLUG) for a long time -- I'd like to put up a
> (potentially evolving) page on the history of our group -- way back from
> where it started in Gunther's garage (or was it his living room?)
> through the days at Fuller and so on.  (the "evolving" part would be
> updated whenever we do something worthy of comment in the future... ;) )
>
> I know "my version" of what I remember, but (a) it only goes back so
> far, and (b) I'm biased ;)
>
> For those that want to contribute, you can send them directly to me at
> osnut at pacbell.net --or-- my work address (tom.emerson at wbconsultant.com)
> [though as my contract is now "...until the project completes", my
> employment there may end at any relatively random moment at this
> point...]
>
> Tom
>
> P.s.  I'm also considering a bit of re-working to our website, hopefully
> it will make "more sense" when I'm done [now that I know/understand the
> underlying management program a bit more...] and (I promise...) to put
> more effort into keeping it current and active (of course, if anyone
> wants to help...)

I recall attending a few meetings at Fuller before it moved briefly to
some other place (was it Mandrake?) before moving to the two locations
at Caltech but don't have any notes on what happened when.

As for the website reorg, I'd like to see a list of past, planned and
requested topics.  I think it would give people a better idea of the
group in terms of where we've been, where we are now, and where we
plan to be topic wise.  It might give potential speakers an idea of
the audience and what kinds of topics were given.

claude