[SGVLUG] help promote our user group! we need more people!

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 13:59:23 PDT 2007

--- Miguel Tek <migtek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Howdy folks,
> First off, I'd like to say "Hi" to everyone as I just joined the list
> & am
> looking forward to attending the first meeting.
>
> As far as garnering more interest in attendees, I've got a couple
> ideas.
> Everyone's got blogs these days & I'm sure most of you do as well.
> Maybe
> writing up a small bit about it would, at least, expose more folks to
> this.
> The same could be used for the myriad of social networking sites out
> there-
> myspace, gather, friendster, linkedIn, etc.

Good ideas Miguel!

Friendster seems a bit dead imho...
myspace .. hmm..

I've heard really good things about linkedIn,
it is more professional and thus probably a good
place for this imho.

blogs .. hmmm.. would be nice to see people
point back to sgvlug.org from there.

I used to try to run a linux group via meetup
before they started to charge $$... helped for
a bit.

hmm.. I like the blog and social networking ideas...
(and attempting to recruit friends)

matti